Our saddles are designed this way in order to maximize weight distribution along the whole length of the saddle. It is possible to use the stirrup leathers in "free-swing" mode, but highly discouraged.
Riders with shorter legs should determine if they ride with a long stirrup or shorter stirrup most of the time. Then it is advised to consider the shortened version of the English (flapped) models. The western, Chinook and Tundra models allow for shorter legs.
We recommend that you have an independent seat and are not relying on the saddle to keep you secure and balanced. If this is the case, you should feel very secure and comfortable in a Sensation Ride saddle!
We offer a couple of cost reductions for customers who are wanting this. The "character discount" is available for some leather choices. If you do not mind a saddle with character (blemished or imperfect leather), let us know and we can incorporate this option. You can save up to 10%.
Another way to reduce costs is to submit an order in full without the need for our input. This is often for repeat purchasers. You can save 5%
Purchasers buying a complete package = saddle, pad, breastplate and girth will receive a free girth $127.00 value
1. Ask yourself what your perfect saddle looks like, feels like and what functions you wish to incorporate.
2. Browse our galleries for inspiration!
3. Join the Sensation saddles Facebook group for user feedback (not affiliated with Nickers Saddlery Ltd.)
4. Utilize this website to test build a saddle with your desired options to obtain an estimate.
5. Once you have pretty much decided on your choices, fill out our pre-order form and send it to us. From there, you will receive an official estimate with dates and pricing, including shipping via email for you to approve.
6. Prepare to make a non-refundable $300.00 CAD deposit to secure a production spot. NOTE: A pre order form or estimate does not secure your place in the queue.
7. After your order has been placed, an rough ship date will be on your saddle estimate. This date is based on production schedule, but cannot take into account unforeseen situations; such as employee absence, equipment breakdown or manufacturing challenges.
8. You may make changes to your order up to 3 weeks prior to rough ship date - prior to production. Once the saddle has begun production, if you wish to make changes, there will be a change fee added. $35.00 +
9. You will be contacted near to ship date to make sure there are no additions or changes to your order. Also to obtain your final approval for payment prior to shipping your new saddle!
As we run a small family shop, with each of us taking part in many aspects of the business, we do not have a dedicated person on the end of the telephone.
Calling us is possible, but it is more efficient for us to answer your queries via email, so the information is in writing to refer to later.
If you feel it is important to speak to us directly, please leave a message or send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, phone number and time zone or location, and we will give you a call back in the later part of the day.
This feature came about primarily from a visit to Brazil, where we observed almost every saddle ridden had rear rigging.
In speaking with the Brazilian riders, they explained the benefits of using a rear cinch on their saddles, which are dressage-like.
Their rear cinch/girth is kept as tight as the front girth, often more tight. The 2 girths/cinches are kept within 6 inches of each other under the horse's barrel. This stabilizes the saddle completely and is more comfortable for the horse.
This option is not often seen in North America, but we have found it to be a valuable feature, especially where rider balance is a concern or the horse is quick moving.
Generally speaking we do not recommend ANY treeless saddle for a high withered horse. However, in some cases a horse's wither appear high due to muscle atrophy along the topline from ill-fitting saddles.
In cases such as this, the completely non-rigid Sensation Ride saddle will aid in allowing your horse to rebuild his topline which, in turn, makes the withers appear lower.
We believe in fitting a saddle (any type of saddle) to a healthy shaped back. This shape can be visualized by an experienced saddle fitter, of which we have one on staff to help with photo assessments.
It is never recommended to fit a saddle with a tree to a compromised back.
Saddles which are purchased new through one of our dealers or direct from us carry a 1 year warranty on parts and labour, excluding transport.
We also offer a 3 year "maintenance contract" which means we will take in your saddle to our shop for a thorough check over, cleaning, conditioning and report card. This may be done once per year for 3 consecutive years after purchase. Transport to and from our shop is not included.